President & Chairman / Senior Associate at Lithuanian Young Bar Association / Ellex Valiunas law firm
Lietuvos regionas • Vilnius, Lietuva • Teisė • SB/SS: 1-2
Dr. Edvinas Meškys has around 11 year experience in business and regulatory law and for the past 7 years has also been serving as the external Head of Legal Department for leading pharma company Teva Baltics.
Since 2019 he acts as a President and a Chairman of the Board of Lithuanian Young Bar Association (LJAA). During this period LJAA joined International Young Lawyers Association (AIJA) and European Young Bar Association (EYBA), signed a partnership agreements with the biggest law firms in the Baltics as well as 4 largest universities in Lithuania (in Vilnius, Kaunas and Klaipeda cities) and sponsors, which helped the association to double in members size within a shorter than 1 year period.
Edvinas participates in various committees, including Grants & Donations, Compliance, Procurement, European Unfair Competition, Global E-learning; also is a member of a Corporate Governance Group by Investor’s Forum and a Labor Law Committee by Lithuanian Bar Association.
Main research and educational activities:
• Erasmus program at Humboldt university (Berlin),
• doctoral dissertation "Research biobanks: mixed consent as the prerequisite of the freedom of biomedical research" at Vilnius university;
• a honorary lecturer at Marbella International University Centre (MIUC);
• internship “Multilaw” granted by European Lawyer’s Foundation and EC at “ONBK” law firm (Spain);
• co-authored article on Deep Fakes at Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice by Oxford University Press.
I am looking for the students, who would be willing to learn about legal carrier, possibilities, networking as well as the opportunity to participate in the meetings with Lithuanian Young Bar Association members.
Credo “don't wait for the rain to stop, learn to dance in the rain”.
Hobbies: Salsa, traveling, movies, technologies (deep fakes, AI)