Product Designer at Fox Créateur
Jungtinės Karalystės regionas • London, Jungtinė Karalystė • Informacinės technologijos, Menas, Komunikacijos/RsV • SB/SS: 1
Over the past 17 years Darius has lead a design team for the Google education project, redesigned a Wemod platform after which premium users conversions increased by 300% and made 100+ apps and websites for Disney, PwC, Vans and dozens of startups in NYC, L.A., London, Toronto, Hong Kong and elsewhere that is been used by millions.
He’s currently in process of creating a new Desktop Operational System for a startup in California (Yes, a real OS!) with a goal of making daily work easier, faster and much more productive.
Darius lives in between London, Barcelona, NYC, L.A., and various other places. He works remotely in coworking spaces, coffee shops, plane and train seats for the last 3 years. He also enjoys surfing and other sports when he can.
Darius is looking for young, inexperienced UX/UI designers who need directions for becoming better in what they do and choosing the right path for their careers. You must be able to design websites or apps for real clients or imagined projects in the following months so Darius could review your work and give helpful tips on making it better.
Darius can answer questions like these:
- How to transform yourself from a Lithuanian country boy to a person that can keep conversations with Silicon Valley startupers;
- How to get clients in New York City, San Francisco, wherever - from Fortune 1000 corporations to hot shit startups;
- How to get a design award from Microsoft and be featured in a major UK design magazine .NET or ‘Communication Arts’ from California;
- How to get a Facebook calling you for a job;
- What’s best for a designer - to be a freelancer, contractor, work in agency or a startup, inhouse or remote; how to make money from design;
- How to open and run a design studio of your own;
- How to deal with typography, grid, color, proportion, branding, animation, illustration, HTML5, user experience, design systems, atomic design, web apps, mobile apps, system design, Sketch, Figma, Framer and everything else design;
- Is it possible to create great design AND travel the world AND learn to surf or do anything else you’re dreaming about AND make crazy $ every month (spoiler alert: not an easy shout).
Hobbies: Surfing, Kite Surfing, Volleyball, Wake Boards, Football, Bicycles, Travel